Sunday, June 27, 2010

Poetry Sunday~ Unchained Heart

Minds are like parachutes. They only function when they are open. - Sir James Dewar
***
Unchained Heart
(c) Joni Zipp
***
Veils of pain drape my face
like rain that never ends;
words are lost in the wind
the sorrow that it sends.

The morning dew gives way
to a steam that fills the air
humid days are now a part
of all the dalliance fair.

Intimacy has fled from me
laced throughout the trees
getting snagged on a branch
it dances with the leaves.

My mind is washed in glory
that only God can give.
I sing out praise to his name
as all the while I live.

The hymns I sing rejoin
my soul to all I’ve lost.
Never looking back again
at many paths I’ve crossed.



All rights reserved: copyright © Joni Zipp

4 comments:

Steven said...

Another good one! And at the last minute even!

joni said...

I always write better in the still of the morning. :)

June said...

Wow, Joni! I'm always AMAZED at how you're able to weave emotions into the setting and visual images of your poetry.

You're AWESOME!

joni said...

Thanks June,

Poetry is where my emotions lay. It is very easy to express and visualize just what I want to say. :)