Friday, January 06, 2012

Finding My Place

2 Cor. 4:9 Persecuted, but not forsaken; cast down, but not destroyed;

A week into the new year and I’m just trying to find my place. I thought I knew where I was heading last year, but I got caught in a tailspin then it all went haywire and out of control. An illness attacked my body and a dark force tried pulling me down, but I kept the Lord front and center (as always) and with Him by my side, I am overcoming many obstacles.

I have come down heavy on the Social scenes this week because that is one of the dark forces that tried swallowing me up. I say dark force because it distracted me from what God had intended for me to do in MY life.  To many, Social Scenes are their life, to me it is just a fun playground, where I ran around and lost myself in the zany crazy aspect of life but when I started losing sight of my goals (see Mondays post) I realized it was time to move on into the new year and into the Light.

To find your place, you need to embrace the reality that is before you. Sure you can drown in your virtual world, pretend that you’re working, tell yourself this is what you enjoy doing and this is fulfilling to you, but really think about what you’re saying. A technological gadget, has swallowed hours upon hours of your time, you wake up to drink coffee with a virtual social world. You sit all day updating a status and liking and when it is time to go to bed, you wake mid-morning and find yourself sitting at the Scene, posting that ‘you’re awake.’ Is this what God had planned for your life?  A lot of people pray, asking God for things, but did you ever pray and ask Him what He WANTS for your life? Do you hear what He says when He speaks/answers???

While I love my friends dearly that I’ve met in the virtual world and would not trade one of them for anything. They are my friends and know me respectfully and know that it is time for my mending and healing. This string of posts are all about me and how *I* need to change my life. If, for some reason, you see yourself in these threads, then maybe that is God speaking to you, not me. 


While Social scenes might be to some, their world, it can not be my world. My healing is physical, my  life is going to gain spiritually and the waves coming through a machine, sometimes hinders that flow of the spirit. You can ‘post’ a hundred scriptures a day, it doesn’t bring you (or anyone else for that matter) any closer to God, than when you speak to Him directly. The reason I posted scriptures was because I am sharing my walk with Christ. If someone gets moved to Christ, well then, All Glory to Him!  My motto, “Don’t talk the talk, if you don’t walk the walk.” This is where I walk...

It is Monday, and I have written five days of blog posts including this one, over 3000 words, and that’s not including all five days for next week, and my journaling, etc.!  I’m focusing on NOT giving up writing, because that is a part of my spiritual healing. As I move into the second week of January (lookout people. This series of threads will drift into a more promising outlook), my healing along with My Savior, is right beside me, and we shall move forward into the Light that I need to be in. I’m finding MY place, are you?

Gal. 4:29 But as then he that was born after the flesh persecuted him that was born after the Spirit, even so it is now.

2 comments:

benning said...

"A lot of people pray, asking God for things, but did you ever pray and ask Him what He WANTS for your life? Do you hear what He says when He speaks/answers???" - And, oftentimes, we don't like the answer. We like to argue with God, and whine that it's not fair! But God is the Potter, and we are the clay; the clay does not argue with the Potter.

Keep seeking the Light, Joni! *Hugs!*

joni said...

That's what makes me different, I suppose, I embrace His answer, because He took the time to whisper in MY ear in His busy day!!!

Already FOUND the Light, no need to SEEK!

ALWAYS embracing the Light!! It is a positively AWESOME warmth!

Thank you my Lord and Savior, for keeping me warm!