Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Are you using your talent?


Matt. 8: 4 And Jesus saith unto him, See thou tell no man; but go thy way, shew thyself to the priest, and offer the gift that Moses commanded, for a testimony unto them.

Are you using your talent to glorify God? This was a question posed to us by Pastor Tim this Sunday. Yes we have three: Pastor Mike, Kevin, and Tim. This week it was Pastor Tim.

He asked us if we were using our talents to glorify God. It had me thinking about the change in my blog when I went from a writing blog, to my God given talent of a poetry blog.

This blog was focused on writing and the craft of writing and along with it the life of a writer. Was it for God or for me? Honestly, it was for me AND the writers out there. Is it what God wanted? I can once again say honestly, no, it is what I wanted!

God placed on my heart the change and it was up to me to see it through. (God does that, gives us free will so we HAVE to make a CHOICE.) I decided I was going to make the change to poetry (my God given talent) but not just ANY poetry, didactic rhyming  poetry, as my brother once called it. Didactic poetry is poetry with a message. That was me, my poetry always has a message for my reader.

Would it be received? Would my writer friends like the change or would it fall on deaf ears? Sure those thoughts crossed my mind, but I gave it up to God to let Him be the judge, not people. As of this posting, my stats are up! I went from maybe 10 –12 hits a day to 20 sometimes 40 hits or more and rising!

Maybe God was telling me something. Sure the people wanted writing knowledge but more than they knew, they also wanted God knowledge. A testimony of this God I speak of; where my devotion comes from and how do they get it.

Guess what people, It’s FREE!

God is always there, free to you and even to the non-believers, he’s there giving answers to all of your, “Why did he kill all those kids?” “Why did he take my mother/father/child grandmother away?” “Why? Why? Why?” He uses people like me who are devoted to Him to bring you a message that you might otherwise never hear, and maybe NEED to hear at the time you click on my blog.

My God given talent is poetry. Do I worry that I’m shunning my writing friends? Not at all. They’ve come to know me over the years and always saw God in my life so they probably knew at some time I’d have a God based blog.

So in answer to Pastor Tim: Are you using your God given talent? Yes sir, I am!

Prov. 17: 8 A gift is as a precious stone in the eyes of him that hath it: whithersoever it turneth, it prospereth.

No comments: