Thursday, January 16, 2014

Weary Among Men


Job 39: 12 Wilt thou believe him, that he will bring home thy seed, and gather it into thy barn?

Weary Among Men

My heart is growing weary
My eyes are drawing dim.
I cannot find the laughter
In man who’s wrought with sin.

My legs are turning wobbly
My arms they hurt to raise.
I cannot find the joy
In man who gives false praise.

My mind is set to wander
Away from a faulty place.
I cannot find the happiness
In man who wears false face.

My body’s nearly broken
I’m aching all inside.
I cannot live in sanctity
While man is full of pride.

Dear Lord come and take me home
Where I might find some peace.
I cannot stay where I don’t belong
I cry out for sweet release!

Prov. 7: 19 For the goodman is not at home, he is gone a long journey:

No comments: