Saturday, January 04, 2014

Quotation Saturday


2 Cor. 8: 7 Therefore, as ye abound in every thing, in faith, and utterance, and knowledge, and in all diligence, and in your love to us, see that ye abound in this grace also.

GRACE

“By judging others we blind ourselves to our own evil and to the grace which others are just as entitled to as we are.”
~ Dietrich Bonhoeffer

“Grace doesn't depend on suffering to exist, but where there is suffering you will find grace in many facets and colors.”
~ Wm. Paul Young

“...I want first of all - in fact, as an end to these other desires - to be at peace with myself. I want a singleness of eye, a purity of intention, a central cor to my life that will enable me to carry out these obligations and activities as well as I can. I want, in fact - to borrow from the language of the saints -to live 'in grace' as much of the time as possible. I am not using this term in a strictly theological sense. By grace I mean an inner harmony, essentially spiritual, which can be translated into outward harmony...”
~ Anne Morrow Lindbergh

“Only those who are truly aware of their sin can truly cherish grace.”
~ C.J. Mahaney

BLESSED

“If you find yourself about to complain, think of your many blessings and rejoice! Don't give the devil a ride today, because then he'll want to drive full-time. So, kick his attitude of complaining spirit out of your blessed zone. Don't give the devil NOTHING!!”
~ Anita R. Sneed-Carter

“I feel so blessed to discover that each new day, I have the opportunity to watch the sunrise and fall in love with you again.”
~ Steve Maraboli

“I just always want to be different - THE EXCEPTION - and this weekend knocked me right back to reality.And the reality is - I AM TRULY BLESSED ..”
~ Jon-Robert Holden

“Remind yourself daily that someone somewhere is happy with less than you possess.”
~ Maddy Malhotra

FAITH

“I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.”
~ C.S. Lewis

“Faith is not the belief that God will do what you want. It is the belief that God will do what is right.”
~ Max Lucado

“Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.”
~ Corrie ten Boom

“You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is like an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty.”
~ Mahatma Gandhi


PRAYER

“The function of prayer is not to influence God, but rather to change the nature of the one who prays.”
~ Søren Kierkegaard

“Prayer is not asking. It is a longing of the soul. It is daily admission of one's weakness. It is better in prayer to have a heart without words than words without a heart.”
~ Mahatma Gandhi

“Do not pray for an easy life, pray for the strength to endure a difficult one”
~ Bruce Lee

“Prayer is not asking. Prayer is putting oneself in the hands of God, at His disposition, and listening to His voice in the depth of our hearts.”
~ Mother Teresa



No comments: