Thursday, January 16, 2014

The Souls Ascent


Pss. 11: 1 In the LORD put I my trust: How say ye to my soul, Flee as a bird to your mountain?

The Souls Ascent

I peered up at the towering mount
That glistened from the snow
Would I reach that velvet cap
That no one dared to go.

The very tip seems to drift
In a string of pearly lace
No end in sight for it was hid
Upon this rocky face.

Burgeoning trees whispered still
They called within the deep
Nature would carry my weary legs
If for my soul to keep.

Every aching step I took
Impelling me to climb
A voice was beckoning in my head.
Transcending the sublime

I walked on fading fury
As the summit reared its head
The stones were trembling underfoot
My essence being fed.

Every time I stumbled about
My eyes would raise to see
The brilliance of the lemon rays
Shining down on me.

I gasp for air my final steps
What seems to last for miles
My bated breath my moistened brow
Slowly, sweeps the aisles.

I let it out a HOWLING yell
I gaze at the valley below
My echoes resound in empty space
My soul begins to glow.

I reach the powdered summit
My mind now crystal clear
It's never the journey taken
It's relinquishing all you fear!

Pss. 49: 5 Wherefore should I fear in the days of evil, when the iniquity of my heels shall compass me about?

No comments: