Sunday, January 26, 2014

Poetry Sunday ~ Sunrise


Luke 1: 79 To give light to them that sit in darkness and in the shadow of death, to guide our feet into the way of peace.

Sunrise

The morning breaks
With flaming sun
I hear the winds
The rays outrun.

I see the shadows
In length from trees
Swaying softly
To the morning breeze.

Darkness lingers
Before the dawn
Creatures who creep
Are now withdrawn.

Softly the daylight
Breaks through the sky
Warming the ground
Without a sigh.

I raise my eyes
Begin to pray.
For God has granted
Me this day.

I will soar
Always share
With all I love
And whom I care.

Nothing dark
Will come from me
I’ll shine as the Son
For all to see.

Matt. 10: 27 What I tell you in darkness, that speak ye in light: and what ye hear in the ear, that preach ye upon the housetops.


No comments: