Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Quiet

Exodus 15: 6 Thy right hand, O LORD, is become glorious in power: thy right hand, O LORD, hath dashed in pieces the enemy.
***
All quiet on the western front. Or should I say mid-western front? For me, in these past few months (as always) writing has become an emotional release, a catharsis if you will. It carried me through some dark days and was my umbrella on rainy days, stood its ground on the windy days, and my comfort on the sun-shiny days.

Writing is my emotional healer, and as such this being my blog, I can write whatever it is that I want to and let people assume if they are the people I speak about. There is no law against speaking about people, last time I checked. I don’t use names, real or screen names but people love to assume that *I*, a nobody, have the time to sit and refer to them and their lives.

Yesterday it came to my attention that a close friend had went and took a knife and sliced me right in the back. Yeah the kind of hurt where all your guts are laying on the ground? Only because I’ve known this person and trusted him as a friend, does this hurt so much. I was told he supported me while the other end was told I was suffering from menopause. I was told things would be okay, and he was telling people that, in his ego-maniacal way, “*I* have the power to BOOT her if she acts like this again.”

"Who is he who speaks and it comes to pass, when the Lord has not commanded it?" - Lam. 3:37

For the record, I am too young to be suffering menopause. I have had a rough year this year and only a few really care what depths I’ve had to succumb to and what heights I’ve soared to.  My friend at church said, “In the two years I’ve known you, I’ve never seen your strength waver.” Little does she know that my pillow has a new shape from all the tears I drowned it with.

To keep me quiet, you will have to shoot me. No one holds any power over releasing me from speaking the truth. When truth slaps people upside the head, it is at that time that the ego steps into the trap and boasts of power that they only dream of having. The powerless find their strength in boasting, boasters find their strength in an ego, and the sad state of their true selves comes out of the shadows to be seen.

I have already put all this to rest, but the ugly Leviathan came out of the abyss to rear it’s ugly head, showing me the truth of what I had been mislead into believing. Just so you know, I walk in the Light, I don’t sit and let the flutter of a TV screen become my light. I practice the Word, I don’t just spit it out so I ‘look’ acceptable to others. I shine inside from the Lords blessings. I don’t pretend, play, toy, with the very God given Word that has been handed down from many millennium.

I seek the TRUTH. Those who lie, are bound to hell. Those who mold the truth to THEIR will are deceiving themselves, and will one day answer for it all. It’s okay though, I have my Lord and that is enough to get me through yet another day on earth.
***  

Num. 14:17 And now, I beseech thee, let the power of my Lord be great, according as thou hast spoken, saying,

No comments: