Saturday, October 15, 2011

Quotation Saturday

GOD

What is it that we all believe in that we cannot see or hear or feel or taste or smell - this invisible thing that heals all sorrows, reveals all lies and renews all hope? What is it that has always been and always will be, from whose bosom we all came and to which we will all return? Most call it Time. A few realize that it is God.
~Robert Brault

I could not say I believe. I know! I have had the experience of being gripped by something that is stronger than myself, something that people call God.
~Carl Jung

I believe in the sun even if it isn't shining. I believe in love even when I am alone. I believe in God even when He is silent.
~Author Unknown

Man is born broken. He lives by mending. The grace of God is glue.
~Eugene O'Neill, The Great God Brown, 1926

FAITH

As you reach for understanding, you find that your ladder of facts isn't long enough, and you try to extend it by adding a rung of faith. Eventually you see that the task is hopeless, and you put away your ladder of facts and go get a ladder of faith.
~Robert Brault

Faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to.
~George Seaton

Faith is taking the first step even when you don't see the whole staircase.
~Martin Luther King, Jr.

Faith makes the discords of the present the harmonies of the future.
~Robert Collyer

In faith there is enough light for those who want to believe and enough shadows to blind those who don't.
~Blaise Pascal

Faith is where the routine and mundane becomes a little party of chaos. We take it as it comes and with God, we get through.
~ Joni Zipp

AUTUMN

The foliage has been losing its freshness through the month of August, and here and there a yellow leaf shows itself like the first gray hair amidst the locks of a beauty who has seen one season too many.
~Oliver Wendell Holmes

Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.
~Albert Camus

For man, autumn is a time of harvest, of gathering together. For nature, it is a time of sowing, of scattering abroad.
~Edwin Way Teale

Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns.
~George Eliot

Bittersweet October. The mellow, messy, leaf-kicking, perfect pause between the opposing miseries of summer and winter.
~Carol Bishop Hipps

No comments: