Sunday, October 16, 2011

Poetry Sunday ~ The Wonder of it All

I believe in the sun even if it isn't shining. I believe in love even when I am alone. I believe in God even when He is silent.
~Author Unknown ~

The Wonder of it All
***

To see the world with different eyes
to bare the soul of its disguise;
to open up a vein and see
a rainbow looking back at me.

The shield in place for far too long
never stealing the inner song. 
The veil it covered all the world
a ribbon of light is now unfurled.

I glance up at the open sky,
all the while I wonder why.
Why does blue look so pure
and fluffy clouds quite obscure.

It is only now that all the trees
wave to me with loosened leaves.
No longer just a crunching sound,
I can see color, coating the ground.

I glance at stars in the night
am truly blessed to have this sight.
My world was such a shaded place
until my Father showed His face.

All the wonder came back to me
as I was granted the chance to see.
A glorious season this one called Fall,
I stand amazed by the wonder of it all!

No comments: