Sunday, March 16, 2014

Lent: Day 12 ~ Poetry Sunday ~ Are You Asleep


Dan. 12:2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt.

~ Do You Sleep ~

I walk along as the city sleeps
Amid the ruins someone weeps
No one hears the trebled cry
Hunger fills them, then they die.

Sacrifice a duties call
I want to help; help them all.
On my shoulder a gentle hand
Whispered out where I stand.

“They have died, for my sake
a journey few dare to take.”
Persecuted on the ground
Now their soul is Heaven bound.

“I cannot save the world you see
Man has taken all thought of Me.
I will come back in due time
To have man pay for his savage crime.”

“My children must be fully aware
I hear them calling in fervent prayer.
All who cry out will be heard
That carried faith in my written Word.”

“Though many die while they’re asleep
I hear you all, as Earth does weep.
Do not hate while there you roam
I need you awake, to bring you home.”

Jonah 1:6 So the shipmaster came to him, and said unto him, What meanest thou, O sleeper? arise, call upon thy God, if so be that God will think upon us, that we perish not.

No comments: