Friday, March 28, 2014

Lent: Day Twenty-four ~ Distractions

1 Cor. 7: 35 And this I speak for your own profit; not that I may cast a snare upon you, but for that which is comely, and that ye may attend upon the Lord without distraction.

Distractions

Distractions, distractions, distractions. It is so easy to be caught up in distractions. I don’t want you all to think I’m exempt from distractions. These posts have not been the easiest things I’ve done and there are days where I just either don’t feel like writing or am at a loss for as what to write. God has placed all of these posts on my heart and that is the only solidarity keeping me from the distractions going on around me.

We had a death in the family, my mother and I had a birthday, we had some excitement in thinking we’d see each other via Skype that fell through, a pretty big tree collapsed in my yard and I’ve been having some doubts where my relationship is concerned. Now I know all of these are normal distractions (not) but as I try to remain focused on God and all that he has done and is doing for me, the mastermind of all distractions is pulling out some mighty heavy punches.

While the master of deceit is pulling his own strings in keeping Steven distracted by stupid crud, I’m the one who is being hurt in the process and that’s the goal all along, isn’t it? Satan is pretty peeved that I might be making people think about God. I’m not MAKING them think about God, they ARE their own persons who can decide for themselves where their loyalty lay. But I am spreading a word every day, not just any word, THEE Word that God wanted us all to hear from the very beginning of time!

I am about almost twenty posts away from completion and there is quite a lot of road to cover that mister mastermind doesn’t want you to know or be a part of and as he’s working, my life is on stony footing. I will continue no matter what the cost and will not be sidetracked by distractions.

While good people walk the good path remember there is always something trying to throws coals in the fire hoping you get burned. I’m not oblivious to his machinations too, actually, I am quite aware.

Is there anything distracting you? Facebook, YouTube, Twitter where you spend more of your time in socializing and viewing and being all you can be for whoever is out there grabbing your every word? Are you focusing on the Lord at this time or are you distracted?

Sure, it begins all well and good, you’re focused on God topics but then there in the sidebar you see something funny and just HAVE to click and then keep clicking until you’re fixated on funny/humorous/chic/kitty/dog posts and pulled away from the intended viewing of God posts.

My social media time is limited. I despise YouTube, Twitter is not all it is cracked up to be and facebook is not much different than my school days, I laugh, I chat, I mingle but in doing such, I’m distracted from the One Mighty Lord who called me to this Earth.

Keep this in mind folks satan is a clever one. He knows what you INTEND to do and that is why he throws things he KNOWS you like viewing in your face to distract you. Master of mischievousness, just when you think you’ve gotten him under control, he slings another surprise at you.

Be armored! Be prepared. Don’t fall into the trap of, ‘he can’t tempt me!’ Because that thought alone triggers him to tempt you.


Job 13:1 Lo, mine eye hath seen all this, mine ear hath heard and understood it.

Matt. 6:22-23 The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light. But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!



No comments: