Sunday, March 18, 2012

Poetry Sunday ~ To Him be the Glory

"I have chosen the way of faithfulness; I set your rules before me."
– Psalm 119:30

To Him be the Glory
***
I walk the path of loneliness
all rocks are gathered round.
I try to move them one by one
my duty earthly bound.

The burden mighty heavy
with each rock I toss aside.
I look around at no one
who is standing by my side.

“Why do you feel so alone,
when I placed within your reach,
ones to help you down the path;
hardy lessons for me to teach.”

“Lord the load is heavy.
I sometimes cannot see,
all the pillars gathered around
to walk the path with me.”

“I feel as if I struggle alone,
can do it all myself.
Hardened is the journey I tread;
people sit by on the shelf.”

“My child, all around you waits
companions to ease the road.
You need to see the well lit path;
you need to share the load!”

“But will I have failed in my job,
for not embracing the task?
I want to give my all to you
and do all that you ask.”

“You’ve given me the best of you
and that is all I need.
Your witness and your testimony;
a mighty strengthened seed.”

“Go now child and let them see
the blessings that I’ve sent.
Your journey far from over,
your light has not been spent.”

“I see them Lord, gathered here;
all from You to me.
We’ll walk the path, never alone
to You give all the Glory!”

"For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." --Jeremiah 29:11


author’s note: Sometimes we feel so alone on a journey, we never see right in front of our faces the people surrounding us, wanting to share the load. Our prideful selves thinks we can and HAVE to do it alone. You’re never alone as long as you have God, you’ll never see if you don’t open your eyes!!!

No comments: