Sunday, August 01, 2010

Poetry Sunday ~ Daggers

"Then followed that beautiful season...Summer....
Filled was the air with a dreamy and magical light; and the landscape
Lay as if new created in all the freshness of childhood."
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
***
Daggers
*
Through my skin they slice,
away at my heart for a price.
Blood drips endlessly down
seeping, sawing  I wear a frown.

Words are like deepening daggers
everlasting gifted swaggers
Push the button until it pops
pain is ceaseless it never stops.

I cry for love to whisk me away
futility has its hard earned play.
I’m fighting death as it grips me
let it now be lost at sea.

I’ll wander the wonder of it all
stand erect not one to fall
All those daggers I send right back
Truth I hold, no random slack.

My God with all His glory hold
My life his balm, my veins unfold.
I’ll carry on without a mask
Face this life a daunting task!

No comments: